Type of Class:
Pre-recorded Zoom Sessions with comments and discussion.
Open to all musicians. Any instrument. Any skill level (except absolute instrument beginner). Students should be able to read music and have basic command of the instrument.
Course Length & Frequency:
8 Pre-recorded Zoom Sessions
Session length is between 75 and 90 minutes depending on activity and discussion.
Helping you to successfully build a foundation that you can use to:
- Expand your knowledge of tunes/repertoire.
- Strengthen your knowledge of melodic, harmonic and rhythmic formula.
- Improvise confidently and in a musical, jazz-like manner.
- Experience different styles and approaches to improvisation.
- Help you listen to others and yourself better, hearing the overall product while being able to focus on details.
- Develop effective personal practice habits that work for you.
- Be able to realistically assess your progress.
It has been my experience that you will grow musically and as an improviser and jazz musician. You can anticipate:
- A more secure knowledge of jazz theory – scale/chord application, harmonic progressions and rhythmic variety.
- How to successfully learn a tune.
- How to improvise in a jazz-like manner appropriate to the tune and style.
- How to memorize efficiently.
- How to establish an effective practice routine.